Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hiding Under the Bed Again

Di Ann Vondrachek
First of all, you have to know I was a BIG believer. I believed until I was in fourth grade when one of my classmates gave me the sad truth. Needless to say I was sure she was lying and I went home crying to my Mom. Also, even though I was a big believer, I was very afraid of the big guy and that is what my story is about.

Every year like all the other children I would get so excited for Christmas Eve. The year I was in second grade, my parents went to great expense to hire a Santa to come and bring our presents. After all, as excited as I was about his coming, wouldn't it be great to get some pictures of Di Ann and her little sister and Santa. Well, the minute I heard the ho ho ho I ran and hid under my parent's bed. So, the only picture we have of Santa and Di Ann that year is of Santa trying to pull Di Ann out from under the bed....



I am still a great believer and hope you are too. Just not afraid any more.

No comments: